Thursday, November 10, 2005

Will it Ever End? *confused expression*

I might sound ungrateful or ridiculously stupid because I'm complaining over more work (hence more pay), but I have another week added onto the already long enough substitution stint. My colleague has yet to recover enough to be medically fit to work again. I feel terribly bad that she's still not well, and I want her to recover quickly for her own sake (contrary to what you might think, over my own *wilting* sake).

It seems pretty sad that the kids don't have their teacher, and I have yet to stake a personal claim over the students' lives (since I keep referring the troublemakers to other people rather than stupidly dealing with them myself). It gets harder and harder to justify work when I don't know what my own plans are. I should just start making tests and quizzes every other day or something, just to keep them on their toes.

A Rememberance Day Ceremony



In my colleague's absence, I was in charge of the music band's performance at the ceremony today. They performed O Canada and Amazing Grace for the school, which gained positive reviews from everyone. An elementary school child even came up to me after the performance and said to me, "You're a very good music teacher!" Kawaii!!!

There was a music video shown before the ceremony, A Pittance of Time by Terry Kelly that I think sums up the current sentiments of the general public about Rememberance Day. I'm sure that this song could probably make the coldest, most steeled-face man trickle a few tears in public (given the circumstances).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay! You're a music teacher!

/the best one ever!

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.