Prom, Parties, and Prospects?
Damn mosquito bites. I must be covered with about twenty of them all over my body, and most of them on the areas I didn't put any cream on.
I attended my high school's prom last week, with my date-to-end-all-bad-prom-dates Jorghnassen (the story of such bad prom dates which I will recount in their own times). I was wearing the same dress that I have always worn at formal events. (For those of you who have been to these same events - yes, it's the same dress.) It was a good evening that I appreciated very much, especially that Jorgh was there. I didn't appreciate much the lack of people who acknowledged my existence, but it's a common thing for students to ignore their teachers unless they barge into their bubbles.
I went to a supper party at Erik's place the next day, with Jorgh once again. His wife is korean, and prepared a great traditional korean meal. It involves a lot of steak and sauces... We also met Erik's son, who is bright as a whistle but as spoilt as my brother. It's expected, considering that he's an only child and they are such a close family.
Finally, Jorgh and I attended the end-of-year staff party out in Duchesnay (ie. far, far from here). I am now covered in mosquito bites from waist down (?) and I'm quite tired. But seeing everyone and having a last evening together makes me quite content that I had the chance to work at such a unique school.
P.S. I have photos but I'm too tired to upload them.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.