Happy New Year!
Knowing me, the likelihood of me putting up a post on the day when something happens is close to nil. I tend to forget after the big events and end up posting a huge mass of words that make people forget to read my blog.
Just to reiterate holiday greetings (because I miss them already)... 

I'm back at school since Monday. Today was the actual first day of school for kids, and people haven't changed one bit. ;)
One bit of news that was passed around today was that of a secondary 1 girl from our school having fallen off a roller coaster at the mall on Monday, undergoing surgery today. On another note, a lot of people did not sympathize with her, as she was reportedly "changing seats with her friend" on the curve while it was moving. It is also an amazing feat that she landed on the bumper cars grid while it was not electrified, otherwise this would be an obituary link.
Edit: I took out a sentence due to the fact that I don't think before I write.

4 comments:
That's it, I'm not going to eat at Ashton near the roller coaster anymore...
PJ
As expected, the follow-up for this story is that the girl and family denies that she had even gotten up at all, and the parents plan to take the mall to court.
i'm just curious, arn't there some sort of heavy guard things that come down over your body so that you can't move while the thing is running? if not, there should be. granted the girl is a little [read lot] on the dumb side, but still, they should protect the dim witted from themselves, especially since they could hurt someone else as they fall.
ian.
Certainly, there were lots of safety devices that prevented anyone from 4' and taller from falling out of a wagon, but they only work when you use them properly. (Hint hint.)
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.